Saturday, April 2, 2011

A little history

In February of 2006 I moved to New York City from Seattle.  My first job interview was for a doorman/bellman at a boutique hotel in midtown and I aced it.  I got the job and started work 2 days later.  The job was meant to be temporary until my ambitions to become a touring musician became a reality.  That was over 5 years ago.  In those 5 years I have met thousands of people.  Most of them have been very cool and interesting and meeting them has given me perspective, both good and bad.  Standing on the streets of New York up to 40 hours a week, I have seen some incredible shit.  I am a very observant person by nature and I have a fantastic memory. I have developed several theories on the way people act when they stay in hotels, the mind frame of the New York union hotel employee and the New York hospitality industry in general.  My name is Dylan Coal and I have some stories to share with everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment